Annual Lord Renton Lecture
IALS, 6 – 7 pm
Thursday, 21 November 2019
This year’s lecture will be given by The Rt Hon. The Lord Thomas of Cwmgiedd PC, former Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales.
“Thinking policy through before legislating – aspirational legislation”
Attendance at this lecture is free and open to all. To register your interest in attending click here.
For more information about the lecture click here.
To receive alerts about lectures consider joining the Society. For membership details click here.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Sales, Justice of the Supreme Court.
The Hon Mr Justice Garnham is the current Chairman of the Council.
For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Socety fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events.