Monday, 9 October, 6 – 7 pm
Professor Adam Tomkins, John Millar Professor of Public Law at the University of Glasgow and Member of the Scottish Parliament
Lecture: Legislating Proportionately in the Mixed Constitution
This event is free and all are welcome.
To register your interest in attending click here.
New in the Library
Lecture slides for Robert Black’s talk on 13 February 2017. “Reflections on biosecurity legislation in developing countries: increasing market access or maintaining unequal terms of trade?” CLICK HERE
Annual Lord Renton Lecture
2016: to read the text of Lord Hope’s lecture, “A View from the Crossbenches” click here.
2017: The 2017 lecture will be delivered by Sir John Laws on Monday, 13 November 2017.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Dyson, former Justice of the Supreme Court and currently Master of the Rolls, the head of the civil judiciary in England and Wales. The Council is chaired by Lord Justice Sales. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226