The 2021 Annual Lord Renton Lecture will be given by
Lady Arden of Heswall,
Justice of the Supreme Court.
25 November 2021, 6pm
Bentham House, UCL, London and online
“What makes good statute law: a judge’s view”
To book click here
“The Rule of Law and Subordinate Legislation”
To download a copy of the lecture given by Sir Jonathan Jones KCB QC on 29 September 2021 please click here.
To receive alerts about lectures consider joining the Society. For membership details click here.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Sales, Justice of the Supreme Court. The Hon Mr Justice Garnham is the current Chairman of the Council. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events.
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226